2005-12-14

xmas party!

wow, how great was that???!!!

Firstly the sketches: well done to everyone on that, they were all so funny I'm still laughing.

Except maybe "play with knives". That was good in its own way, but out of place. Belonged more in an underground poetry café in 1970s Paris. Liked the music though. Thanks Flora and Quentin for lightening us up afterwards (viva la mustaccio mexicanos!, eh hombre?).

Songs: that last one at the end was pretty hott, nice skirts! Whisky In A Jar just wasn't the same without Mr. P., but good try for "No, Nay, Never; No-Nay-Never- No More!" The two a cappella girls were mindblowing, I think they got the biggest applause of the afternoon. Meghan's band... you guys (and girls) werre fanastic, in any case you got it better beat-wise than last year... ;P Ramones... great choice. The Stupid Band... well they've got talent (Great drummer got bored, shame.), but they didn't make the most of it. What we needed was a saxophone solo or something. Mr Bass-man, he was pretty amazing too, bashing away at those strings... great hair incidentally.

"My" song (I wrote one to fit the tune of Rudolph The Reed-Nosed Reindeer) went monstrously badly, no-one remembered the lyrics, and even I got dragged (literally! - Sash my arm still burns!) into "singing" (standing at the back and looking silly: mandatory serving of asparagus for breakfast and the abolition of slavery!). But Mihai accidentally saved the day by doing what he always does: being an idiot and turning up at completely the wrong time. Don't worry we love you for it.

All in all a fun time, loads of people (in a pretty small room... sitting down and standing up and moving forwards then back every five minutes... pretty squished but all good in the end) there and a good excuse for me to use all these stupid colours. Yay!

Oh and I almost forgot: the cabaret went down without a hitch, everyone remembered their steps VOUS AVEZ TROP ASSURÉS! ahem, we would like to interrupt this post to apologise for the poor quality of everything generally and also for that sudden outburst. The Author is not feeling too great right now and just wanted to be lazy in his expression for once. cut him some slack! Would have hated being in it though, how the hell did they manage not to get stiffies during that thing I have no I idea. Maybe they're all gay...? Ok enough socially embarrassing comments about how hott it was (well hey that was the point wasn't it???! you can't just- oh nevermind I know what I mean.)

1 comment:

theoneandonlynat said...

Ahem. I was tempted to leave my comment at that but I've just discovered that Special K and yoghurt do NOT, I repeat: do NOT mix well. At all. I just wanted to share that with someone. Ahem.