2005-11-28

Tora! Life!

Even though I'm allergic (slightly physically intolerant is more accurate) to cats,


^^Alain's kitty kat.^^


This is just a pic of the song sayerer from
Alien Ant Farm
, just forthe heck of it.









this one is different. Maybe it was just the frame of mind I was developing at the time (see the Moment of clarity post), but in any case I definitely noticed some interesting (awful word, but I mean it as well as I can) things about animals, and life in general.

When I arrived at Al's on Saturday and they told me they had a new cat I thought, "Oh great, sneezing and sore throat- as if I don't already have enough wrong with me at the moment. This is the last bloody thing I need."

As the afternoon went on though, she seemed to be having enough fun running around the house, minding her own business as we played Halo II (which I'm getting pretty good at) on the xbox (Still can't get used to the size of the controller though, it's just so massive!).

I didn't notice my allergies, either, because she stayed pretty much away the whole time, which was good. I don't think it would have been a problem otherwise, though, because I think my body was too busy with everything else to be bothered about it.

"Tora" is the japanese word for "tiger", apparently.
Because the orange and black pattern on her back does sort of look tigerish.
They adopted her recently, because they found her in their garden with no tags or anything.

Saturday evening she tried to sleep in my bed on Al's bedroom floor, because she usually does. We had to put her out in the hall for the night, because surely a tired, ill human counts for more than a simple pesky cat, right? (Answer: yes.) I'm glad she hasn't learnt to open doors yet, though, otherwise it would have eneded up worse than with Daffy at Nat's house.

Sunday morning was when I changed my perspective. Climbing around on Al's bed, trying to sneak under the covers with me, and generally being around made me see Tora in a whole new light. I recognised her as a living thing. Seeing her lie down, hearing her breath, feeling her clawing at the sheets, it felt really special. Being able to foresee when she hop down from or up to the bed, ad then the satisfaction when it happened. I'd never looked at an animal like that before. Part of my huge reality check I guess. I love it.


No comments: