2005-11-27

A moment of clarity.


I was eating my muffin on Sunday, in the car on the home.
Pretty creepy.



"Yeah, I was just sitting here,
eating my muffin and I had what alcoholics
refer to as a 'moment of clarity'."

Let me clarify my clarity a bit, because it's not a terribly simpleeasy conceptidea..


Two weeks is a long time for thought.

Alone in your room for so long, with really nothing else to do. Reading as much as I did, inevitably leads to writing a lot down as well. And after a while, my perceptions of things have started to peel awaay from in front of my eyes. I really feel I can see now. All I can trace it to is the drugs messing up my sleep, but I don't mind. It feels great. I've got a permanent buzz. It only ever wears off for a few seconds at a time, when I blink and completely zap out, but then in an instant I'm back and fresh as a piece of meat what's not entirely dead
yet.

It's as if someone has come and taken off the pair of filter glasses that have been editing what I see for the last few years. There was another semi-audible click. It was that kind of moment. Now I can sit next to the aquarium and stare at the fish without getting bored after 30 seconds. Can't wait till the fireworks on New Year's Eve. That's going to be really great. Like when we made that campfire at Al's cabin in Algonquin Park. Awesome captivation. Just staring. I also now feel a lot more helpful with my parents. Which can only iprove communication.

Thus it is revealed...

No comments: