2005-10-14

Tired, Tattered, Tortured &Torn.

"Fuck this shit I'm sick of it you're going down this is a war!"


It seems no matter what I try to write about, it always ends up coming out in rhymes, it's shite. It makes my texts sound a bit better (apparently- I'll take my English teachers' word on that one), ut then after a while I try to force mself to rhyme, and the mesage is slightly lost, and it takes longer, so I stop thinking about what comes next, and most of all it sounds corny. Not to mention the alliterations. But I can't help it. I'm almost obsessive-compulsive about it. And very quickly I start re-using the same tired old rhymes, which just sucks. That's why none of my songs are ever any good. Which is a real shame, because I really want to get good at that, but it seems that practise is bad for it, and everything is always less perfect than what came before. Maybe I'm just not one of those people who can just churn out songs like an elephant with diaorrhea moves shit. But then again, that's not what I want either, because what I'm after is more thought-out lyrics, with more meaning and depth and all that stuff (you know what I mean so I don't need to try and say it). Also, I must remember to write my material down more often, because sometimes I come up with really great stuff, and then forget it and regret it and never get it back. Bleh who gives a damn?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bleh can I give a damn :D ?

Alex said...

I'll take your dam and stick it across the over-used metaphorical river of my thoughts to stem the flow and see if maybe I can collect something from it all.