2006-01-04

Major Health Blip

This morning I was meant to have a driving lesson. I was really looking forward to it because the more lessons I get the sooner I can start driving properly in the Conduite Accompagnée. So you can imagine the disappointment when I woke up to find myself much too tired with a headache and messed-up thoughts, and generally in no fit state even to have breakfast, let alone drive.

So I went back to bed and slept for till eleven (making it a 12-hour night of sleep) and then had to get up because of the hunger. But since then I've been hideously tired, all I can do is lie down, listen to music, read, watch tv, and, more to the point, not do any homework (believe me I've tried), like the maths exercices that I'm sure will get me to understand the whole point of everything we're doing in maths right now, which in turn will let me start the big assignement for next week, or like the revision for the mock Bac in french tomorrow (4 hours in the morning. And I'm feeling especially motivated for that one since I got another shit grade on what was a perfectly good essay that just happened to be missing the point. A bit.).

Altogether it has just let me know that 9 hours of sleep (an amount which I rarely got even before) just isn't enough any more, because I'm still so weak from the meningits. But if I need 12, that's not going to be possible. To get to school for 8am, I get up at 6. 12 hours before that... I'm still at school on somedays, or at best on the way home. So in other words I'm pretty much screwed on that front. But I really don't want to force myself to run on less than enough, because I know that that wold be catastrophic, especially given what happened to me today... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Reading over that I realise that it is in fact just a whine, completely worthless, and to have made it this far down well done. Sorry it's shit, but that just reflects how I'm feeling today.

No comments: