2007-01-28

Bohemianly Rhapsodic

Last night I went to see One Night of Queen.
This is a show by Gary Mullen & The Works, whose job it is to be Queen. They are very good at what they do.
Gary Mullen who does Freddie Mercury won Stars in Their Eyes a while back for this very act, and it's hardly surprising.
They did all the big songs, of course, most of which the audience- being French- didn't know the words to. Ah but no big deal, for I was in the front row. Yes, the front row, the row at the front.
That one.
It was at the Palais de la Musique et des Congrès, where I had previously seen The Musical Box do two Genesis shows, Selling England By The Pound and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.
The acoustics in the concert room are awesome. (Especially in the front row.)
At the break (quite un-rock'n'roll, but whatever) I had my first beer since the end of September. I gave myself a break, because no-one else will (at least that's the impression I get sometimes). Plus it was a rock show, the rules don't apply. ¬¬
Did a bit of a Wayne-and-Garth during Bohemian Rhapsody, which still aches, because I'm out of practise (again since late September, hm- all these things seem related...?!).
Being a drummer I recognised We Will Rock You three seconds before anyone else (trust me).

It was interesting to see the range of people who turned up. Most were old farts, but I saw several evil death metal sweatshirts around, such as Cannibal Corpse, Manowar, and Punish Yourself. But there were also kiddies, too maybe 7 or 8 years old. Good to see them damaging their ears already...

On the whole a good boost for morale, which is just what I need right now.

Life sucks, but who said that was a bad thing?


No comments: